Every child should be doing the following daily:
- Reading for 20 to 30 minutes (could be 10 minutes before school and then 10 minutes after school) and filling in their home reading record books
- Practising their number bonds and/or times tables, and spellings
Weekly Homework for children in Years 1 to 6
Homework for children in Years 1 to 6 is set on Google Classroom each Thursday. This will consist of two pieces of work: one for Maths and one for English. The homework is linked to what they have learnt in class that week. Its purpose is to revise/re-visit the work done in class, so that children can practise their skills and parents can see what they have been learning. Children should write their answers into their homework books and return them to school on Tuesdays to be marked.
You can access Google Classroom here
Every child has been given their Google Classroom login details to take home.
If you are finding it difficult to access Google Classroom at home, please let your child’s class teacher or the pastoral team know.
Useful things you can do to help your child at home:
- Get them to retell / recount a story or news report
- Measure ingredients whilst helping with the cooking
- Ask questions about what they have learnt that day
- Ask them questions about the time (How long…? At what time will…begin/finish? What will the time be in…minutes/hours?)
- Any real life situations (shopping, bus/train times, cooking, board games and museum/art gallery trips)
- Take a look at the links on our Home Learning page – here
- Children can log into their online learning accounts at Times Tables Rock Stars, Numbots and Bug Club to practise their maths facts and reading.